Friday, June 29, 2012

Friends influence each other.

My friend Tom and I are both professional tennis fan. We like to follow the players and we know the game. Well Tom knows it better than I but we both do enjoy watching it. The past year I have noticed that the players we like and dislike seems to match up. I distinctly remember that I use to not mind Caroline Wozniacki but ever since Tom expressed dislike for her and called her "Gilagid" (translate as gum cause her gums shows prominently when she smiles), I started to not like her also. Now both of us root for her not too win. I also remember that Tom at one point did not care for Serena Williams and called her "baboy Ramo" and I on the other hand always root for Serena to win. Now Tom also roots for Serena to win although we still call her Baboy Ramo. I also remember that Tom use to not mind Maria Sharapova but since I really really hate her, Tom now do not like her too. And lastly, I use to don't care for  Rafa Nadal but since Tom likes him a lot, now I like Rafa as well. Tom also likes Richard Gasquet and he seems to have influenced me into like Richard too. We also both hate Novak Djokovic because of his apparent arrogance. We both like Roger Federer for his game and humility.

 Was it because we both don't want to clash on who we like or dislike because of our friendship or perhaps we did influence each other. I find this amusing.

No comments: